- del Amo J, Moreno S, Bucher HC, et al. Impact of antiretroviral therapy on tuberculosisincidence among HIV-positive patients in high-income countries. Clin Infect Dis. 54:1364-72, 2012.
- Gupta A, Wood R, Kaplan R, et al. Tuberculosis incidence rates during 8 years of follow-up of an antiretroviral treatment cohort in South Africa: comparison with rates in the community. PLoS One. 7:e34156. 2012.
- Saito S, Mpofu P, Carter EJ, et al. Declining Tuberculosis Incidence among People Receiving HIV Care and Treatment Services in East Africa, 2007-2012. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 71: e96-e106, 2016
- TEMPRANO ANRS Study Group, Danel C, Moh R, et al. A trial of early antiretrovirals and isoniazid preventive therapy in Africa. N Engl J Med. 373(9):808-22, 2015.
- INSIGHT START Study Group, Lundgren JD, Babiker AG, et al. Initiation of antiretroviral therapy in early asymptomatic HIV infection. N Engl J Med. 373(9):795-807, 2015.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Managing drug interactions in the treatment of HIV-related tuberculosis. June 2013.
Available at https://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/guidelines/tb_hiv_drugs/PDF/tbhiv.pdf
- DHHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents-A Working Group of the Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council (OARAC). Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Adults and Adolescents living with HIV (updated October 25, 2018). Available at https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/adultandadolescentgl.pdf
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, and the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Guidelines for prevention and treatment of opportunistic infections in HIV-infected adults and adolescents (updated November 29, 2018). Available at https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/adult_oi.pdf
- Narita M, Ashkin D, Hollender ES, et al. Paradoxical worsening of tuberculosis following antiretroviral therapy in patients with AIDS. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 158:157-61 1998.
- Lawn SD, Myer L, Bekker LG, et al. Tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution disease: incidence, risk factors and impact in an antiretroviral treatment service in South Africa. AIDS 21:335-41, 2007.
- Nahid P, Gonzalez LC, Rudoy I, et al: Treatment outcomes of patients with HIV and tuberculosis. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 75:1199-1206, 2007.
- Blanc FX, Sok T, Laureillard D, et al. Earlier versus later start of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults with tuberculosis. N Engl J Med. 365: 1471-81. 2011.
- Havlir DV, Kendall MA, Ive P, et al. Timing of antiretroviral therapy for HIV-1 infection and tuberculosis. N Engl J Med. 365: 1482-91. 2011.
- Abdool Karim SS, Naidoo K, Grobler A, et al. Integration of antiretroviral therapy with tuberculosis treatment. N Engl J Med. 365: 1492-1501. 2011.
- Török ME, Yen NT, Chau TT, et al. Timing of initiation of antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)--associated tuberculous meningitis. Clin Infect Dis. 52:1374-83. 2011.